Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Weekly Lot Visit

The visit today was a little interesting. It was great seeing the crown moulding painted, cabinets in place and tile starting to be put down, BUT  I noticed some issues. I have not discussed these issues yet with the construction manager so I am not sure about how things will be handled.  As I just mentioned, the crown moulding is in place and one coat of paint has been applied - or at least I hope they aren't going to leave it the way it is. They put up most of the exterior trim and plastered the columns in the front of the house. The cabinets in the kitchen, laundry room, powder room, and all bedrooms have been installed. They started on the tile in the foyer which is 8"x8" tile with a mosaic insert. HOWEVER, the tile for the foyer was installed in the wrong pattern!!!!! I asked that it be installed in a diagonal pattern, not straight pattern. I feel like the diagonal pattern feels more elegant - and it costs more for that pattern. Instead of THIS pattern:
It was installed in THIS pattern:

Believe it or not, it makes a big difference!

ALSO, I believe that the floor cabinet in the laundry room that will have the sink, was installed in the wrong place. There is an area to the left of the cabinet that is left for the washer and dryer. Unless they start making washers and dryers smaller between now and when we move in, we will have a problem.  Unfortunately, I did not have a tape measure with me but I am pretty sure that front loaders will not fit in that space. You be the judge...or you can just trust me. :-)
The lighter area on the bottom is the baseboard
 


I left feeling very unhappy, even though I spotted a rainbow. I looked over the Buyer Selections Report and it clearly shows diagrams of how the tile will be installed in the foyer so hopefully they won't give me any problems. Regardless, THEY made an error not me, so the floor will be fixed.

Here are the pictures I took today. 

Front from the street
Foyer tile - in the WRONG pattern
My kitchen cabinets!!!!
My range hood

Laundry room
Dining room with crown moulding and chair rail painted
Downstairs guestroom with tile flooring and cabinets
Upstairs bathroom vanity
Jack & Jill bath vanity - both rooms have the same vanity












3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing:) It looks very nice. When will it be ready?

    Keva

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great blog, can't wait to see how it turns out. We are considering Toll for our next home

    ReplyDelete