Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weekly Construction Update

As usual, the sales manager and construction manager gave us a call to update us on what will occur over the next week. They couldn't get us on the phone but they left a message. So...
  • Inspection reports - all corrected
  • Insulation went in fine and the construction manager checked it
  • Sheetrock installer should be showing up tomorrow
  • If sheetrock starts tomorrow then we are looking at texture being applied to walls next Wednesday  :-)
Most homes here in the Houston area have texture applied to the walls, including my current home. The first time I came across the texture I was wondering to myself, "What in the World is this stuff on the walls?" Turns out that texture helps to cut down on stains being picked up as well as hides imperfections in the dry wall. If you have never seen texture on a wall, here it is:
To those of you who are not familiar with drywall texture it probably looks weird, but I guess I've gotten used to it.

Oh yeah, I did not post any pictures from my weekly lot visit this past Saturday and there's a very good reason. Between my walk through with the construction manager (see post here), there was only one difference despite 3 days passing.  See if you can spot the difference.


If you guessed that the difference is the large pile of drywall in the center of the great room, nothing gets by you, huh? That trip, ~30 minutes, was a waste of my time actually.



No comments:

Post a Comment