Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Blueprints, electrical and multimedia options

My husband and I met with the sales manager and multimedia guy today to make selections for electrical options (like additional outlets, ceiling lighting, distributed sound speaker locations, etc).  I must say, this whole process actually seems REAL now that I have actually made some customizations.  This meeting is the first meeting since signing the contract way back in February - the 19th to be exact.

We chose to place cable outlets in each of the bedrooms, and placed the included 6 outlets that include Cat-5, telephone and cable in the family room, master, study, game room, media room and 1 in my oldest son's room. I'll go over the details of my floor plan in a different post. We also chose the location of 4 speakers for the distributed sound system (2 on back patio & 2 in kitchen), chose 3 places for pendant lighting over the counter (the pendant lights are not included), added another place for a second dining room chandelier, & added an outlet for rope lighting in the master bedroom tray ceiling. Whew!!! I'm sure I left out some other minor details but you get the gist.  Oh yeah, we also chose the location of our 5 exterior soffit lights. I wanted more, husband didn't, so I settled.

The next step is to have the sales manager and the multimedia guy email us our choices and the new floorplan showing our options selected today.  We have 3, yes, 3, design center appointments coming up which have to be completed before moving on to the next step which will be starting the house!!!

I asked the sales manager for her best estimate for the latest she believes we will close and she said they will probably have us in the house by the end of the year. I took that estimate with a grain of salt. I'm mentally preparing myself for a January or February close. The also told me that they will likely start my house before we are done at the design center. Paperwork I was provided with specifically said they will not, so that's what I'm telling myself. And anyway, I'm in no rush to have a much bigger mortgage.

These are the completed steps so far:
1. Signed the contract February 19th, 2013 - required a deposit of 5% of the base price, 20% of the structural options and a 'note' for the other 5% of the base price. Apparently in other states Toll Brothers requires a deposit of 10% of the base price at contract. So, if for any reason we do not go through with purchase, we are still legally responsible for the 10%. Yes, scary. I know.

2. Waited. lol

3. Blueprints were received April 1st, 2013

4. Electrical and Multimedia meeting held April 10th, 2013 and selections were made.

Next up...receive the actual plot plan & design center appointment!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment