Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Builder's meeting

Today I met with the project manager who will be overseeing the building of the structure I will call  home for the next 15 years. I could not stop smiling the whole time. Every time he turned a page with the plans, I got excited all over again.

The purpose of this builder's meeting was to verify the changes we'd made - electrical, data, structural options - prior to starting the house.  We went room by room on the plans and verified that everything was as it should be. We also verified the elevation and location of outside lighting, yes, I HAD to have soffit lighting. In addition, I also finally got to see the house plotted on the lot and see how much, or how little, the backyard will be. How exhilarating!

The project manager told me that over the last 1.5 years with builders being so busy in the Houston area, things don't quite move as quickly. If you need the services of a company you likely have to wait in line.

Next steps:
  1. Go to the design center to finalize the plumbing details.
  2. House can be started - foundation poured
  3. Wait
Here is information I was given today:
  1. My lot is waiting to be scraped. We are currently in line for lot scraping (see above).
  2. The build time is estimated to be 6 months from foundation being poured :-)
  3. I can visit as often as a would like. He actually encourages it.
  4. Independent inspectors are encouraged and can be there during the framing and final stages. I inquired about after installment of insulation as well.
Here are some pictures for kicks and giggles...

Plot plan

Floor plan

My lot!


Oh yeah...
The sales manager hit me with a good surprise! I had to sign a new Exhibit D, which shows the building specifications because they changed the Level 1 tile to Level 2!!! First of all, there should never be Level 1 or Level 2 tile in a home that costs this much. Nevertheless, I'm happy about that. It means that I have to pay less to upgrade my tile. :-)

Until the next update...


No comments:

Post a Comment