Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ready to...wait?!

Hello and thank you for taking time to visit my blog about building my first new home. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to build my home and super excited about watching it come to fruition.

So, just some information about me and my family. I am married mother of 2 boys who just so happens to be a physician. I just finished my training 7 months ago and have been working for 6 months. My husband is not a physician (people love the ask physicians if they are married to other physicians). He works in the information technology field and loves what he does. Our boys are ages 7 and 2 and we currently reside in Houston, TX.

When I moved here for training, we purchased a home that was affordable for us. Is it an awesome community with lots of amenities? No. Is it a safe neighborhood? Yes. Please do not get me wrong, this  may be someone's dream neighborhood, but I can only speak my own opinions.

We looked at homes for 6 months and I searched real estate websites for longer and ended up looking at a Master planned community called Riverstone.  It is an awesome community with wonderful amenities, beautiful homes, nice scenery and great schools!

Life's turns and twists led us to Riverstone after seriously looking at other master planned communities and somehow not feeling great about purchasing there. We wanted to purchase a home and feel that not only would it serve as a great home to raise our children in, but also be a wise investment - Riverstone satisfied both criteria.

If you are interested in finding out more information about building a home - including all the ups and downs, twists and turns, visit my blog for updates about all that comes with building. You truly will be going along with my family for the entire journey.  We have not yet broken ground!

Looking forward to sharing my process with you!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment