Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Surprise! They broke ground without us knowing!!

Today I went past the model/sales office to leave a check for 20% of the total cost of the electrical options. After taking care of that quick task, the family and I decided to ride past the lot just see what was going on. Well, well, well - they had already completed the plumbing rough in!!! I thought that I would have been told before anything had been started, but I was excited nonetheless. Of course I got out the car and took some pictures.

Now, we got a really good deal on the base price of the house and got the lot premium waived. Sometimes you have to sacrifice for a good deal and we sacrificed a great deal when it came to the size of the lot. People in other parts of the country will not understand how you could have such a large home on a small lot, but that's pretty much the norm in the master planned communities in the Houston suburbs.

Here are pics of the lot now with the plumbing rough-ins.

Our lot with the SOLD sign...again for effect

Our lot showing the beautiful homes of our neighbors across the street

My itsy, bitsy backyard - trying to look at the upside




2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am starting the process of looking at Toll Brothers in Sienna Plantation. Can you tell me how you got a good deal on the base price and the lot premium waived? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - just recently purchased a TB home. As said elsewhere, there really is no negotiating with TB. The base price is what it is. The options are also non negotiable. If you purchase one of their spec homes - then you can negotiate - but then you don't pick any of the stuff because it was already selected and built by the builder. I was able to get the lot premium waived. Reason being that my lot was 1 of 2 left and TB was looking to close out building the neighborhood. Other than that - the prices are what they are - take it or leave it.

    ReplyDelete