Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Design Center Appointment (no exclamation marks here) $$$$

Today we had our first of three appointments at the Toll Brothers design center. First, I would like to note that Toll Brothers or Wisenbaker Design Centers makes absolutely no effort to make the appointments convenient for buyers. The design center DOES NOT have weekend or evening hours. Say What?! That's right, people have to take off work, go in late, or leave work early to make their 3 hour appointment. The design center has regular hours where you can browse unassisted at your leisure, however appointments with the consultant must be scheduled. In fact, you have to schedule all three appointments at the same time.

It is not easy for me to get off work early.  I get off at a certain time and it is what it is. I'm thankful for that about my job actually.  I know when I will be leaving work. Given that aspect of my job, I was an hour and a half late and my husband had done a GREAT job of picking out cabinets and the flooring options.

We made all the selections for the kitchen (cabinet colors, backsplash, counters), bathrooms (colors of cabinetry, counters, flooring - not tubs and sinks), flooring throughout the house, and the mantel.

Needless to say, while the process of looking at options and playing around with tile colors and comparing stones and mixing and matching was fun...it all comes down to the total amount at the end of day. I'm happy to report that neither my husband or myself passed out after seeing the total today, but I do believe I got lightheaded for a second. ;-)

Like everyone else, we have a budget and we are almost maxed out after our first visit. We still have to choose lighting options, tubs, sinks, kitchen appliances, etc.  Here is the progress we made today...

Kitchen selection - Oyster colored glazed cabinet for perimeter cabinets, Maple cabinet for  island; Sienne Biege granite; Rio Grande Hickory



Pre-cast fireplace mantel

Similar to my backsplash choice - glass subway tile with glass tile with mosaic  blend accent

Accent tile insert (bottom) for backsplash

Subway tile (top) in Honey

Option for foyer area - Travertine with marble accent - have not decided yet

Marble 12x12 - Light Emperador for Master bath floor

Accent tile - Petit Impressions Mosaic Tumbled Listello

Master bath choices together - Marble counter in Crema Marfil, Marble tile flooring, Oyster paint glazed cabinetry; accent tile for master shower and tub back splash; tumbled travertine for shower and tub surround

These choices are subject to change as we continue to make selections and determine where we have to cut back to gain in other areas. The master bath is definitely on the radar :-(

1 comment:

  1. We provide best kitchen/bathroom remodeling and design services include tile install, kitchen and bath designer sugar land cabinet painting and furnishing. Contact us for commercial interior designer

    ReplyDelete