Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Houston, We Have a Roof!!!!! (Weekly lot visit)

The extended family and I visited the lot and much to my surprise, the entire roof has been completed!! I so enjoy visiting the lot every week and seeing how much has been done in one week.  I think that over the past week, the most transformation ever has occurred so far! The house wrap has been applied, a lot  more framing has been completed, and the roof is done.  I am still waiting for the construction time line from the sales manager so that I can know in more detail what steps remain.  What can I say, I'm detail-oriented?

Of course I had to stop by the sales office to finalize things chosen at the design center. Decisions usually end with transfer of money to the builder. :-( All funds will be subtracted from the down payment, however.

Well, here's the house...I am still gushing, can you tell? Take a look!

View from the street :-)
Front staircase - I love how wide the first step is
Second staircase
View of the back of the house - windows on the right are to the master bedroom
View of the foyer from the top of the staircase
Study
View of the catwalk from the great room
View of dining room from bottom of stairs
Now, while checking out the house, our soon-to-be neighbor from across the street came over to invite us to his party! We met he and his wife last week while looking at the house and he actually invited us inside his home (they also built with Toll Brothers) and showed us all his cool sculptures. It was a very pleasant surprise and boy does he know how to throw a party. It was a kids birthday party which transitioned to an adult party. We stayed during the transition but he had a 'mixologist,' a DJ in the great room, a moon bounce with a water slide and a Polynesian pig! It was a luau themed party and was a lot of fun. It looks like we will be living across from the party house and hopefully we'll meet a lot of people.

Poor little pig - and yes, I did try some
My brother and my son at the party
Feel free to leave comments or questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment