Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bathroom tile second look & driveway

The family and I went past the house to take a second look at the tile in the master before starting a big problem with the design center. My husband said that he liked the tile and it felt that is was not so atrocious looking at at today. Am I in love with the bathroom tile? Not really. Can I live with it? Yes. I always thought that if you choose everything that goes into your home, then you should REALLY like everything that ends up in it. But the truth is that it is difficult to choose items from a sample in the design center and get a good picture of how it will look after it's in place. I still do not recall choosing a marble mosaic square tile for the skirt, a marble tile for the deck, a marble accent tile and a tumbled travertine backsplash. If it sounds busy, it should because it certainly looks busy. I guess it is one more thing that will make my house different from the rest.

With that being said, we decided to leave the tile as is. Especially since those crazy looking little tiles on the tub skirt cost us $700+ and I seriously doubt that the builder will refund a portion if we changed it to a cheaper tile.

On a different note, the driveway has been poured!!! No more trudging through the mud to get to the door.

Now you can really see the split garages

My foyer light fixtures are up!


1 comment:

  1. Denise I am loving the house! Cannot wait to see it when it is finished!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete