Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mid-week Lot Visit

When I arrived to the house today the sprinkler guys were installing the sprinkler system in the front, side and back yards!!  That was a surprise since it was not mentioned in the weekly construction update telephone call.



Now, the biggest shock, and disappointment, was the kitchen back splash accent tile being absolutely WRONG!!!  I have no idea where in the world the tile guys could have gotten that tile. It looks completely out of place. My kitchen is very neutral - almost too neutral and the accent tile they put up is black, stainless steel and some weird white stone!!! Someone should have been suspicious about whether this was the right accent tile. You be the judge.

Ridiculous right? That's what I thought

It even looks out of place from afar
The stain is done on the staircase railing and trim. It looks great and I cannot wait to see it after the hardwood floors are in.


Catwalk
We also have garage door openers and just as I was leaving I noticed that we have gutters and downspouts. They are very close the color of the trim. Surprisingly we do not have gutters on our current home so this is exciting for me! Believe it or not, not all new homes here in Texas have gutters. Some of have absolutely none, like my current home. Some may have a few strategically placed. Some have full gutters. I'm happy to be joining the full gutter club.






No comments:

Post a Comment